Covid-19 - School organisation and arrangements
This page should provide you with up-to-date information about how we plan to keep children safe from Covid infection in the Autumn term 2021. Information for children who are absent from school for Covid reasons, for example because they are isolating, is also available. All relevant, current information, including copies of letter and emails sent to parents/carers about our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the reopening of our school, can be found on this page.
During the summer break, all restrictions in England were lifted and the Department for Education (Dfe) lifted restrictions in school. As a result, we are no longer operating a 'bubble' system or having staggered breaks, lunchtime and beginning/end to the school day. Children are no longer required to isolate if a member of their household tests positive for Covid. However, children will continue to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly, and staff will clean frequently used surfaces throughout the day. Classrooms will continue to be well-ventilated and might be cooler than usual, so please make sure children are wearing layers that they can add and remove as required. We cannot eliminate the risk, but we will do whatever we can to minimise it in school.
For now, we have returned to our usual school organisation and hope to provide your children with a routine that is as 'normal' as possible, for as long as possible. I have put together a Covid 'outbreak management plan' which will be actioned in the event of an outbreak of Covid in school, which can be found below. I have updated the school risk assessment to reflect the measures we currently have in place, also below. If you have any questions or comments to make about either document, do please get in touch through the school office.
Please read all the information in this section carefully. It is important that all members of our school community play their part in keeping our school COVID-secure. In particular, pay close attention to the following:
- inform the school office immediately if your child is unwell with Covid symptoms or has a positive Covid test
- collect your child from school promptly if asked to do so because they are unwell
- access a PCR test for your child/ren if a member of your household tests positive for Covid and keep them at home until the test result is known
- inform the school office immediately of any new or updated medical needs for your child/ren, including food or other allergy information. You may now come into the school office if you need to sign a medication consent form or drop off medication.
- raise any questions or concerns with the school office as soon as possible by phone or email, so that queries can be dealt with quickly
Many thanks for your ongoing cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns that cannot be managed by the school office, please ask to make an appointment to meet with the me, the Headteacher, to discuss these in more detail.