Please try some of the activities listed below. Don't forget to send us photos or videos via Tapestry.
If you do not have a printer to print worksheets, please do not worry. Most of the activities can be completed practically.
Please log in to your child's Tapestry account to follow the links for this week's phonics learning.
Literacy and Topic
This week we will be learning about the celebrations of the Hindu festival of Diwali. Your child can listen to the story of Rama and Sita and find out about the different celebrations by clicking on the Cbeebies link below.
- We are going to be making some Diva lamps with clay. If you are at home, you can make salt dough by mixing half salt and flour (half the weight of salt to flour). Mix in encough cold water to create a dough. Ask your child to roll a small ball (slightly bigger than a golf ball). Then make it into a thumb pot by gently squeezing around the sides. The hole should be big enough to hold a tea-light. They can then decorate the outside of the pot by printing into it. Then bake the pot in a low oven for about 30-40 minutes until it is completely dried out. It can then be decorated by painting or sticking sequins onto it.
- Colour some rangoli patterns
- Re-tell the story of Rama and Sita by colouring the puppets or making your own.
- Write some "it is a ........" sentences using the sheets below
- We are reviewing numbers 6 and 7. Practise writing them and counting out groups of 6 or 7 objects.
- find different ways to split 6 objects or 7 objects, eg 3+4=7; 5+2=7.
- Dice patterns - remembering the pattern. Play some dice games.
- Repeating patterns - we will be creating our own repeating patterns using colours or objects, eg red, blue, red, blue, red, blue. Try drawing or colouring a stripy scarf using 2 or 3 colours that repeat.
- Try some trickier patterns, eg green, green, purple, green, green, purple.
- Look at examples of different patterns, eg patterns that revolve around a shape (see Rangoli patterns).